Author Topic: Hackers gonna hack!  (Read 525 times)

Uncle Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hackers gonna hack!
« on: August 03, 2024, 12:06:12 pm »
I'm just a one man band trying to host his own website and a few web services. Yet the hackers never stop pounding on my domain. This is my second domain as the first provider went belly up and the domain got taken over by some Chinese company. It took years for the first domain to become somebody's target but this one (I assume due to MAGA being part of the name) was under attack from day one. I'm about to take on the task of rebuilding it for the fourth time. The first time I thought I lost my server to a power surge as the hard drive was erased. Once rebuilt again, the hard drive (a different hard drive and PC altogether) got erased. And after a partial restore, the third PC ended up with an erased hard drive. I let it all rest a year as I have been battling brain cancer but I'm winning that battle currently so I'm back to try to turn this into something before the 2024 elections. Sorry for all the ups and downs (especially the downs) of this domain but between cancer and the hackers it hasn't been an easy battle the last few years.

Uncle Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hackers gonna hack!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2024, 01:40:10 pm »
I finally got the welcome island restored and posted it on the OpenSimWorld directory. Within minutes I had a DOS attack coming from a couple different IP addresses. One from the US, one from Germany. Sigh...  Same ole same ole.
I'm sorry I can no longer offer local accounts on this forum, the website, or on the MAGA Grid. The hackers have made that impossible as when I enable them they are constantly creating tons of accounts which they use to pummel the website with BS traffic, bringing it to its knees as the bandwidth I have gets quickly consumed. Same with the grid databases as junk junk and more junk is uploaded through those accounts to clog my servers. Hopefully my strategy of only allowing hypergrid traffic will help this time.